Friday 26 April 2013

STOP THE DISCRIMINATION AND JUDGEMENTAL AGAINST PLHIV [The Truth Story]




As I used to shared, when someone live their life as ODHSA, the matter of treatment and the chances of living healthy as others normal people is not the main issues. The main issues is the stigma. The effect of the stigma, all the family members and relatives become judgmental, discriminate, and paranoia. And also including malpractice.

PLHIV suffered not because of the virus but because of the mentality among the society.

The sad stories lie in the eyes of PLHIV?

For PLHIV, is a normal when they have to face with the unjust and cruel situation in their life. For example broke off his/her engagement, hatred among family in law, being humiliated by husband or wife, being ignored by family, apostasy, broken faith, 'have' remain in a forbidden way of life, boycott, isolated grave and others.

"That's not my issue, the 'disease' intentionally sought."
"Scabby, pus, Clorox bath, homeless, living dead."
"The members of hell, the people of Lut, due to plague 'and the curse of God."
"Do not touch, separate the dishes, do not live togetheror sharing toilet and bath it not safe using the same swimming pool, cannot share the furniture, not qualified to be a son/daughter in law ..."
Another cliche! A lot of the PLHIV already immune or pretend not to understand.

Here are a few examples of the latest cases that I confronted during the week.

Case no 1

A single PLHIV who qualified physical and mental working as an engineer failed to renew the employment contract after the employee (private sector) has enforced all the staff to do the HIV test. The engineer was so upset and frustrated since this is the best opportunity to develop the career and the continuously of life and also helping the family.

The income to support all the expenses such as the housing loan payment, the car loan payment, the family expenses and others is now gone. What is the level of the discrimination practiced by this people? It’s weird when others staff who suffered others disease which more risky and danger allowed to work. HIV is just a virus not even a disease.

How’s the non PLHIV feel if they in the PLHIV situation? Be responsible as the leader of the family but out of sudden lost the income to support family. Who really sick actually?

Case no 2

One of the community members (PLHIV) has been fired from the legal firm (repeated a legal firm) just because take a medical leave and was admitted to the hospital to get the treatment because suffered an allergic effect from the early treatment of HAART.

Undeniable that the private sector only focusing on getting profit and have no idea the status of PLHIV but just imagine the pressure suffered by the PLHIV. If the status of the PLHIV is not being exposed or being exposed also an issues since the treatment is only for the temporary. When the temporary treatment done, the next treatment is periodic treatment and is only for every 6 month.

Others staff who suffered others disease and need medical leave every month never been questioned. Meanwhile the PLHIV need to hide the status, living in an ordinary ward alone and when submit the medical certificate for medical leave, the PLHIV been questioned and finally was terminated from the job. All the contribution and the commitment given by the PLHIV towards the company before that seem like it never happen.


Case No 3

This community members (OHHA) is working as a nurse in a Hospital in Klang. The nurse is just finished HAART treatment as well as Hepatitis C treatment. Sometime the nurse have to get medical leave for others treatment from others hospital because suffered allergic for an early treatment.

If the nurse get the treatment form the university where the nurse are working, it will exposed the nurse to the risky that people around the nurse might know what kind of disease the nurse suffered. Because among the nurses, they normally will spread the news in fast to others people. The problem starting arise when the Sister started questioned the reason the nurse take the medical leave and what type of disease the nurse suffered.

It is can be understood the reason the Sister have to know but as a well-trained medical practitioner, with full of experienced and familiar with the medical ethic, the Sister must know the patient’s rights.
The impact of working beyond the nurse capability, the nurse finally have to work in working shift like the nurse used before work even though the nurse has informed the condition for temporary. And finally, the impact of working beyond the capability causing the side effect like dizziness and often experiencing fever.

Because of the egger to know the status of the nurse, the Sister has contacted the hospital where the nurse get the treatment and asking about the treatment in order to know the medical status of the nurse.

Once the Sister fond out the medical status of the nurse which is against the ethic, the Sister supposed to give her support and empathy but the Sister spread the news and causes the nurse suffered a lot and need to leave the job.


Apart from these three stories, there are many others stories which is not only limited to the losing job and failed to further study. For the people outside (non PLHIV) who have negative thinking and judgmental. Let’s think and lean the lesson.

And for those (PLHIV) who suffering, please contact the organization like MAC and PTF to get help and defend their right. At least all the report can be used as prove that this community has been treating unjust. If this action is not give the significant now it might give positive effect in future.

1 comment:

  1. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,HPV,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Weak Erection,Love Spell,Leukemia,Lun,Fribroid,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete