Friday 26 April 2013

WHAT IS HIV? [Lets Go To Basic]



After being diagnosed as People Living with the HIV (PLHIV), the individual and the closest family member normally deal with the similar issues. The normally have no idea how to deal with the issues. So hoping this share will give some ideas and help them out.

The understanding of HIV and AIDS in general

HIV is the virus that can survive only in human body. This HIV virus is very weak but until today it con not treated. HIV is not a disease but a virus and similar with others virus.

For sure, HIV can be treating as well as others chronic disease such as diabetes, heart disease and others. There is no harm for the people who have HIV as long they take proper medication and fully understand about this virus. 

AIDS is a short term referring to a group of diseases that normally attack PLHIV effect from the weak immune. There are about 30 types of diseases. Those diseases can attack anyone but if occur to PLHIV, it might part of the sign for AODS such as TB, cancer and others.

AIDS can b treating by using the right treatment, AIDS can be assuming never occur. So, is wrong to think that AIDS is a disease of HIV in a final stage and the ending life of PLHIV.

In that case, why there a number of PLHIV who had scabies, skinny, lifeless and etc?

Anyone who suffered from any diseases not limited to the PLHIV, without any proper treatment will having the same issues. If practice unhealthy life styles the impact will be the same.

Please stop the typical thinking that be exposed in conventional mass media. There is numbers of professional living as PLHIV such as engineer, lawyer, teacher, lecturer, CEO, journalist, doctor and accountant. Not less of them living healthy and have a stable financial and prestige in society. So, please do not look down to them.

The infection factors

There is only 4 ways that HIV can be infected which are:

1.            Having sexual intercourse in multiple couple without any preventive measure.
2.            Through the vertical which is from the couple of PLHIV to the children during the pregnancy,  
               during the birth process or during the breastfeeding (without treatment).
3.            Sharing needles and syringes contaminated with HIV.
4.            Blood transfusion or organ transplant contaminated with HIV.

So no worries, HIV is unable to occur any others way except as stated above.


True Confession From The Malaya Project

There is no infection in a casual relationship such as kissing, hugging, sharing clothes, treatment, talking, sport activities, eating food served by PLHIV, shake hand, touching and etc. beside 4 ways above, there is no other way HIV can be infected.

In the case of the wife of PLHIV is not a HIV positive, the children also will not have a HIV positive. PLHIV who have been diagnosed should have no worry regarding to the risk of infection to the children except if the children itself doing any risky activities without PLHIV knowledge.

If the virus has been exposed in the air, the virus will die. If there is a small injury or cut to the PLHIV and the non PLHIV skin cracks is also not an issue. The virus only can survive in human body of PLHIV and if still wondering or have the doubt, people can simply do the medical checkup.

Please do not ask the percentage of the risk of has been exposed with the risky activities. I can say that there is no infection during the oral sex (without injection of semen in human body) or during the sexual intercourse using condom but I’m not God. Human error can always occur. Do not wait for the symptom to any risk and do the test soonest possible.

My answers will be standard, if have doubt then please do the “Rapid Test” at any medical clinic, hospital, blood test lab (private). If still not satisfied with the result, please do the test until satisfied.

What should I understand if I or my family members has been diagnosed with HIV positive?

Someone can be diagnosed positive with or without the symptom. If he person has been diagnosed with the symptom, this maybe they being diagnosed during they was admitted in hospital because others disease such as TB or hepatitis B.

If being diagnosed without symptom is most probably during the test for pre wedding, medical checkup for new employee or during donating blood.

If make comparison from both, the diagnosed without symptom normally even lucky because in a good health, easy to treat and no need for the HAART treatment. However still have the risk to affect the virus to couple during the sexual intercourse without any preventive measures.

What is the normal reaction as soon someone has being diagnosed as PLHIV?

The normal reaction for them same as chronic patients for others chronic disease will have grief reaction. The will shocked, denying, confused, compromise and finally started to accept the fact of life.

Often this matter been related to the moral issues, and the most common for a PLHIV is they feel like they lost their dignity. Even though the PLHIV have fully understanding on HIV, after being diagnosed, they surely lost their hope and need to be confidence even in basic matter.

They might imagined they been humiliation, short live period, being abandon by society, lost their future and all the negative impact.

During this time period, family and friends will be their best companion that should give attention and support, understand their unstable emotion. The family and friends should not push them in order to know the causes of the infection whereby the PLHIV might tell lie and this will amount to a worse scenario. In this stage PLHIV might defense themselves cause by denial is a normal thing.

When the situation getting calm is up to you to decide or take action. As a couple and future couple, they have a right to know the truth. Beside the couple, is the best not to let others know about the status because is not an issue anymore. It is just can causes the judgmental among them.

 Try to be a good listener. Try to get helps or assistance from the professional people like doctor, trained counselor, or any support group community.

How to help family members or friends who being diagnosed as PLHIV?

Treat them like they used to be before being diagnosed. Do not show them the ignorant attitude towards the PLHIV such as starting to set the limit for example separate the dish, glasses and do not allowed them to touch children.

To the couple (husband and wife) please do the HIV test soonest possible. Avoid sexual activity for temporary until clear with the basic infection issues and your medical status. If you are not the couple or the parents or the siblings, you make huge mistake by doing that.

PLHIV who received the treatment is not harm to non PLHIV in fact the non PLHIV might harm the PLHIV because the lower level of immune of PLHIV. Please do not walk away when for example they sneezing.

Find and understand the basic info of HIV. PLHIV itself have to be honest with them. Don’t be too selfish and harm others.

If you are Muslim, surely you will look this as a test from Allah s.w.t shows how Allah s.w.t love you and the best strength you can get is from Allah s.w.t. try to improve the relationship with Allah s.w.t because that is the true sources of our strength.

Remember, behind the HIV is not only PLHIV but also a lot of people who become the victim because of the misunderstanding. They are your couple, children and your family members. Do not easily to judge. PLHIV have the right to be guide and support to continue their journey of life and to get the proper treatment. Less of knowledge regarding to the HIV is the main factor that HIV spread faster. There a numbers of other diseases that more chronic than HIV.

1 comment:

  1. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,HPV,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Weak Erection,Love Spell,Leukemia,Lun,Fribroid,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete